|Veneer. Since . Based in Limerick||Alternative Rock | Ballad | Soul|
Weeds (Beautys A Beast)
Look Whats Coming At You Members: 4
Ger lane, Colm Ward, Eoin O'Siochru, Barry Creed
Email this Act | Visit Website
Click to Skype:
ICQ: Get ICQ
Limerick, Ireland. 2004.|
Ger Lane - vocals, guitar and piano
Eoin O'Siochru - drums
Colm Ward - bass, backing vocals
Stephen Lynch - guitar, organ, backing vocals
Barry Creed - guitar
So where do we come from musically?
- The "yeah" during the break on "Let's Play House" from Elvis's Sun recordings
- The "3-4" of Lennon into the start of his song "Nobody Told Me",
- The opening chords to "Suedehead" from Morrissey
- The leg of Van Morrison in the air at the end of "Caravan" on the Last Waltz?
- That guitar sound from the album "Evol" by Sonic Youth?
- The bass line from "Valentine's Day" by Springsteen?
- The acoustic guitar moment towards the end of "Happiness is Easy" from Talk Talk?
- Kate Bush's "Wake up love" over a resonant piano on "The Ninth Wave"?
- The tone and atmospheres on "Low" by Bowie
- The banjo break by Jim Finer on "If I Should Fall From Grace with God" by The Pogues.
- The end of "This is Hardcore" by Pulp where Jarvis cries " oh whatever happened..."
- The moment the brushes come in on Nick Cave's "Love Letters".
- When Lou Reed says "but you can't always trust your mother" on his album "New York".
- The snare from The Cure's "Lovesong".
- The opening song on "Wrecking Ball" by Emmylou Harris.
- Neil Young's vocal on "Philadelphia" with the piano cadence.
- When Elton John talks about "that gentle touch" on "Sad Songs Say So Much"!
- Paul Brady and Donal Lunny on Brady's "Nothing But The Same Old Story" from the
"Bringing It All Back home" documentary.
- The part "Elevation... don't go to my head" from Television's Marquee Moon.
and it just goes on and on.........................!
|Back to main Artists page||Edit Artist details for Veneer|